[NCLUG] User process to IP address

Gary Rogers garyr at dmin.net
Thu Sep 20 17:47:54 MDT 2001

Not sure if anyone's sent this out yet, but netstat -aep works for me for
this very task.

on 9/20/01 9:42 AM, C. J. Keist at cjay at engr.colostate.edu wrote:

Hello,
   I'm trying to find a way to associate client machines IP address
connected to my server to the user process running on it.  I've been looking
at lsof to do this, but no luck with it.  This is what I have been trying to
do:

   lsof -i @IP_address
   lsof -i @IP_address:port

I get the IP and port from netstat.

But it comes up empty.  Does anyone know of a way of doing this?

Thanks...

C. J. Keist                    Email: cjay at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager           Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:  970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301