[NCLUG] ATX

Benson Chow blc at q.dyndns.org
Wed Sep 26 19:08:57 MDT 2001

I've had APM compiled into the kernel, that usually works fine so it will
power off when you halt the box...  Most newer boxes don't need "Use Real
mode APM to shutdown"... Try it both ways.  Also make sure APM is enabled
all the way...

The other fun thing is if you have atx 2.something (I think) and ACPI BIOS
is if you compile in ACPI and acpid, you can press the power button and it
will run "shutdown -h now" for you...  Neat, but of limited use, but hey,
newer workstations do that too :)  (oh, it should also power down when you
halt the box...)

Though ACPI has been a major PITA lately... Just doesn't want to work
sometimes.  YMMV.

-bc