[NCLUG] NFS question

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Thu Sep 27 15:40:17 MDT 2001

Incidently, SCO apparently allows for Soft, Hard, and "Spongy" mounts.
Heh

Spongy
sets soft semantics for stat, lookup, fsstat, readlink, and readdir NFS
operations and hard semantics for all other NFS operations on the
filesystem. Spongy mounts are preferable to soft mounts because spongy
mounts will not time out during read and write operations. They are
recommended for slow, long-distance, or unreliable links, and for
unreliable servers.