[NCLUG] Debian

Daniel Miles dmiles at holly.colostate.edu
Sat Sep 29 13:40:13 MDT 2001

Are there any Debian users here?

I'm having a lot of trouble getting X installed but I'm not sure if this
is the proper foreum for help on that.

So if it's not, please just tell me and I'll cut it out, don't flame me
:)

When I startx it loads X (you know the gray screen thingie), changes my
cursor from the X to the arrow thingie (I *think* that lets me know that
it's loaded sawfish) then it gives a system beep and stops loading.

Ctrl-alt-F1 shows me that it couldn't connect to something so I checked
my /etc/hosts file and the localhost was in there properly... I'm stumped