[NCLUG] OT: RE: [lug] IP: FCC forces Ham radio operators to use Windows (fwd from: dave at farber.net)

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Apr 2 02:56:05 MST 2002

Sorry, I should have provided URL info.

(And you're right, it's a complete pain to find anything on that site.
Pretty ironic that they have "Communications" as part of their agency's
name... heh.)

Start here, http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/

Click on the "Online Filing" link, that's the one that tries to launch Java
that whined first.  I can't seem to find the other one again... argh... what
a site.

Each of the Orange buttons on that screen acts slightly differently in
different browsers.  It's a truly strange site.

And having the ULS system at the very bottom of their main page, considering
it's probably one of most frequently visted areas of the FCC website, is
just goofy -- they appear to want the front page listed alphabetically.  :-)

--
Nate WY0X