[NCLUG] CVS Auto update of web pages?

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Wed Apr 3 12:05:07 MST 2002

When the NCLUG web-pages were being set up in CVS, Willie was talking about
a mechanism for causing the final pages to be updated immediately when a
commit was done.  However, this was never implemented, so right now it's
just doing a checkout every 15 minutes or something...

I see that there's a "CVS/Checkin.prog", which gets called when a "cvs
commit" is done.  However, this apparently is run while there's still a
lock held, so you can't just do a "cvs update" and be done with it.

So, my question is, is there a better way to trigger the update of a bunch
of web pages from CVS right away when a commit is done?

I hunted around on google for strings like "checkin" and "trigger", but
didn't have much luck...

Thanks,
 The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own
 reason for existing.  -- Albert Einstein