[NCLUG] USB support

Rich Young rich at republicoftech.com
Mon Apr 8 00:02:14 MDT 2002

Hi all,
	I was asking about USB devices recently, and after some helpful replies from
the list, I'm still not sure what's up.  There's no /proc/bus/usb, no
/proc/usb, and /var/log/messages didn't seem to care what I did to the USB
devices attached to my machine.  I do have the usbview RPM installed, but I
think that's because I went out and got it during this snipehunt.
	So, does anyone have any clues what gives?  I'm running the 2.4 kernel,
which is supposed to have USB support built in.  And there is stuff in the
/usr/src/linux-2.4.9-13/drivers/usb directory, which seems to indicate that
it is.  I'm wondering about hardware explanations, which would suck, but at
least I'd know.
	(and on a side note, would it be inappropriate to bring the machine in to
the Hacking Society meeting Tuesday night in hopes that someone might look
kindly on me?)
--Rich