[NCLUG] Re: USB support

Rich Young rich at republicoftech.com
Mon Apr 8 13:08:18 MDT 2002

Yes, Matt, I think this is exactly what's wrong.  On the theory that "LUG
helps those who help themselves," I browsed the linux-usb site and came
across the exact document you have suggested.  So I'm almost done with
modifying my kernel -- it's compiled, I just need to tell the boot loader
about it.  This is a little iffy because I use GRUB and the recompile docs
assume LILO; I've only monkeyed with the kernel once before, to compile tulip
support into a RH 6.0 kernel.  But I think I can just grope around in the
GRUB conf file and make it use my new kernel.

Thanks for the advice, I'll let y'all know if it works.
--Rich