[NCLUG] speakers/topics needed

S. Luke Jones luke at frii.com
Thu Apr 18 21:59:09 MDT 2002

> > Care and feeding of Vim
> > How emacs saved my life

I'd like to give a talk on vim. (Hell hath no fury...)

I can warm up by explaining how emacs nearly destroyed
my wrists, and then explain how awesomely cool Vim is.

Would the audience be people eager to get away from emacs
before it destroys their health and renders them unable
even to flip burgers, or people who already use vim but
don't realize how insanely great it is?

(If the latter: the answer is "way". I heard that someone
ported psychoanalyze-pinhead to vim. And even if that's
not true, I *know* that vim has an animated paperclip, so
vim is lightyears ahead of emacs when it comes to emulating
the dumbest features of msft office.)
--
Luke Jones  luke vortex frii fullstop com