[NCLUG] hey all you DSL users

mike cullerton michaelc at cullerton.com
Wed Apr 24 09:13:03 MDT 2002

hey mike,

  my qwest dsl line with frii continues to be rock solid. that code
red problem hit me last summer (when i was out of town, of course)
but i can't remember the last time i went down due to qwest.

  the dsl troubles at frii are as you suspect, only new edge folks.

  i'm guessing in the time i've had dsl, which has got to be around 5
years now, i've been down maybe twice due to uswest/qwest and maybe
never due to frii (once i stopped working there ;)

mike

On Wednesday, April 24, 2002, at 08:49 AM, Mike Loseke wrote:

>  By some feat of karma I may actually be able to get some DSL at my
> house
> very soon now and needed to ask a couple of ISP-related questions as
> I've
> been away from DSL for a couple years now.
>
>  I'll probably go with FRII for the connection but I wanted to see what
> kind of issues anyone was having with them or others. I've been
> seeing alot
> of DSL problems floating around the frii-tech list, most of which I
> believe
> are related to New Edge DSL customers (this is different if I'm
> carried by
> Qwest, right?). I'm mainly curious about uptime - my last house's DSL
> connection had one serious downtime related to a qwest strike but other
> than that it was very up.

  -- mike cullerton