(OT) Cisco 675, was Re: [NCLUG] hey all you DSL users

Benson Chow blc at q.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 24 23:31:23 MDT 2002

Maybe one of you guys know how to fix this, or if it's impossible to fix
(i.e. firmware issue.)

I have a Cisco 675 and I do "show nat" on the CPE pretty frequently.  The
annoying thing is that it prints out a few lines, then stops for a second,
then prints out some more, then stops again, ad infinum, till it's out of
entries to dump.  On CBOS 2.2 when I first got the 675 it didn't pause as
bad as it does now!  But I think the 2.4.3 firmware is quite necessary now
to prevent people from crashing the CPE remotely (I've found too many ways
to crash 2.2.0 that it's not even funny.)

Any ideas how to get rid of those pauses?  It just sits there for no
reason.  How about the 678 with CBOS 2.4.3, does it also delay
frequently?  If not, maybe it's time to buy a 678 to replace my not quite
2-year old router...

Thanks for any insight,

-bc