[NCLUG] way-cheap-workstation suggestions?

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Fri Aug 2 15:16:18 MDT 2002

Tom Peterson wrote:
> Has anyone built a linux workstation with a via processor?

Not yet.  They just came out, eh?

> If you've found something that looks better, or have regretted purchase of a
> via based system for red hat, please let me know.

If I just needed an extra machine, I would probably hold out for a few
more weeks, and try to pick up a used machine at the CSU surplus
auction.  On the other hand, if you don't know what you're looking for
(or what you are doing) you might buy some interesting things that may
cost you more to repair or dispose of than the $100 PC is worth...

http://www.wwsells.com/auctions.html