[NCLUG] i don't give a toss about ISPs

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Tue Aug 6 00:32:56 MDT 2002

	It's rather interesting that the people who are arguing the hardest for
	off-topic discussions don't actually attend NCLUG meetings.

	                            http://www.tummy.com/

Just what is off topic for this group? ... I do not see anything in the posts
for the last couple days that in anyway deviates from the leadership that you,
Matt and Sean have set over the last couple months (or years).

It's hard not to get the feeling that on topic is what you want to talk about,
and off topic is anything you don't care about.

Your statement that our discussion regarding Paul's data comm problems under
linux (and lack of support thereof by FRII) is off topic is highly suspect
given the general nature of this lists traffic during any period over the last
couple years - specificly in light of the questions that you and Sean choose
to answer in the group rather than off-line.

To judge anytopic off-topic - you first need to set a guideline, and then the
leadership of NCLUG must enforce it by example.

John