[NCLUG] Data Through Cellular Technology?

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Tue Aug 13 16:11:11 MDT 2002

On Tuesday 13 August 2002 10:46 am, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> It's not clear what their pricing is going to be though...  We have CDPD (I
> can show you it at the next Hacking Society if you're there), which is
> super slow (around 1KB/sec), but does work.  Cost for that is $70/month.

You've actually shown me that one once. I wasn't aware that it was CDPD. I
thought it was something else since I was thinking that CDPD was only for
short text messages -- I didn't know you could suft the web with it. Cool.

But alas, $70.00/mo is a little out of my comfort range. I guess I'll have to
keep my surfing confined to places where I have a jack. Gosh, I wish more
people would start installing public 802.11b access points :)

Marcio Luis Teixeira