[NCLUG] [Fwd: Re: Global config files for KDE?] (Ray)]

Ray malbojia at qwest.net
Mon Aug 19 22:57:41 MDT 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Global config files for KDE?] (Ray)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:31:26 -0700
From: "Bruce and Kathy Pettycrew" <bkpettycrew at cox.net>
To: plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
CC: malbojia at qwest.net

Things haven't changed much since KDE 0.9x, apparently.
For a project I did back then, we created a dummy account, configured it ,
stored the .kde tree and Desktop files in /etc/skel, then used a script to
cpio the tree into the user's home dir, and used chmod -R to give her
ownership.  The following article I found gives a detailed account:

http://articles.linuxguru.net/view/138