[NCLUG] machine cuts power

mbutcher at aleph-null.tv mbutcher at aleph-null.tv
Wed Aug 28 12:05:34 MDT 2002

There was some speculation around 2.4.17 or 2.4.18 that there was a
problem with the kernel &| Athlon processor. The result of the problem,
IIRC, was random kernel panics. The solution was to compile the kernel
_without_ Athlon optimizations.
I've been trying to find the original post I saw, which was somewhere on
gentoo.org, but I haven't been able to locate it yet. (This is different
than the CPU/AGP bug)
Matt