[NCLUG] Microsoft's new challenger: Moore's Law

Walter Lamia walterlamia at fortnet.org
Thu Aug 29 15:38:36 MDT 2002

FWIW, I heard on NPR that HP is now bundling Corel WordPerfect and
QuattroPro in Pavillion systems, and when I was in OfficeMax today, the HP
kiosk machine does in fact show Corel products as part of the Pavillion
laptop bundles.

Sony is also supposed to be bundling Corel products in their systems.  I
have to believe that M$ must be taking this seriously, especially combined
with the backlash they are getting from the new corporate licensing scheme
they are trying to foist.

--
Best regards,
Walter Lamia   Air: PP-ASEL-IA-G  Ham: KB0YAA