[NCLUG] Re: cheap upgrades

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Dec 2 22:11:38 MST 2002

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:19:00AM +0000, dherr at frii.com wrote:
>Thanks for all the help, guys.  It looks like I'll have to fork over the
>dough to build a whole new system, or at least buy a new mobo, cpu, memory,
>and hard drive. ;-)

Yeah, I feel your pain...  I'm just mucking with this older box we had
and thinking about making it a bit more modern than C-300A, but it's
like $100 for video board here, $350-ish for RAM/CPU/mobo there...
$1800 for a terrabyte RAID array...  Pretty soon we're talking REAL
money.

 I have never been able to conceive how any rational being could propose
 happiness to himself from the exercise of power over others.  -- Jefferson