[NCLUG] samba PDC

listz at hate.cx listz at hate.cx
Mon Dec 30 11:13:49 MST 2002

never actually used it as a pdc, i just have it serving out shares to some
linux, windows and mac systems, but no one actually uses the machine for loging
in. on the printing side, i've personally always had a better time with good
ol' lpd.

Tom Peterson said something like:
> Has anyone had good luck using linux/samba as a windows primary domain
> controller?
> I tried it with an old pc, but had problems with a spotty print server (cups
> based) and I wasn’t able to view peer shares.
> I’m tempted to grit my teeth and buy M$ server 2000.  This is a small
> office, with a 5 windows clients and 3 linux machines.

<EOF>
::[ RFC 2795 ]::
 "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the
 people by the people for the people."
 -Oscar Wilde