[NCLUG] Oracle system help

Steve Roths sroths1 at attbi.com
Fri Feb 1 12:55:49 MST 2002

OK, I did have an i/o setting in /etc/config.modules and used emacs to
delete it.

then changed the 'alias' 3c59x' back to 'ne2k-pci' and left the irq=5 in the
options line.

Shutdown and reinstalled the ne2k card and got an IRQ error, so I took that
out of config.modules, too.

tried lsmod and ne2k wasn't there, so I tried insmod ne2k-pci
got a whole string of errors about missing parameter

thought maybe the module probe on bootup would get past this so rebooted

now, no modules load and I get a conf:4:missing module argument statement
couldn't insmod nfs either

Am I somehow really hosing this system?

Steve