[NCLUG] Meeting Tuesday February 5th, 6pm

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Sun Feb 3 22:37:36 MST 2002

Hi NCLUGers,

What: February NCLUG Meeting
When: Tuesday February 5th, 6pm
Where: Mountain State Bank, 303 E. Mountain Ave (map on the website)
Food: adjurn to a nearby restaurant after the talk

Presenter: dann frazier <dannf at dannf.org>
Title:  The System Installation Suite

   With the usage of Linux-based clusters on the rise, an automated means for
   doing large scale cold installs has become necessary.  Possibly even more
   important is the ability to roll out software updates in order to close
   security holes or fix critical bugs in a quick and efficient way.

   The System Installation Suite (SIS) is a collection of utilities that can
help
   accomplish these tasks, and others.  I plan to give an overview of the
   components that form SIS and how they work together.  I will describe the
   processes of creating an image, deploying that image, and updating the image
   running on a client.  Finally, I will discuss our future plans, and what you
   can expect to see in upcoming releases.

See you there!

--
Matt Taggart