[NCLUG] Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Tue Feb 5 09:32:58 MST 2002

Thus spake Ann Tsai:

> Staying current and getting trained by the experts has just been made
> easier....
>
> Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE:

 With the events of this past november taken by the USENIX BoD (removal
of Peg Schafer and Barb Dijker from the SAGE board) still thick in the
air, and stuff like this, I'm getting a pretty bad taste for the
organization as a whole - more succinctly, the people running it. I thought
they had more character than this. Guess I'm going to have to reconsider
renewing my membership this year.

 For those not on the SAGE mailing lists, I wish I could point you at some
archives, but USENIX runs a super-crappy majordomo setup with hours of
delays and I am unable to locate a link to any collected archives. Suffice
it to say, the aforementioned actions caused more traffic on the
sage-members list than has been seen for quite some time, all of it quite
passionate.

--
   Mike Loseke    | The more you know, the more you doubt.
 mike at verinet.com |                 -- Voltaire, 1694-1778