[NCLUG] More "Loopy" Questions

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Feb 11 14:08:33 MST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 01:59:22PM -0700, bmc wrote:
>So my question is this. I want to mount "several: iso images for my
>co-workers to look at over the network. ( in the range of 45 to 50 ) Now

You may find it easier to deal with just to mount the image, copy the data
off to your normal file-system, then unmount the image and repeat for each
of the images you want to make available...

>more loop devices by default or is there a way to make more loop devices
>available? IE can I use a loadable module as well as kernel? I'd appreciate
>any and all resources you can point me to as well as any ideas you may have.

I'm sure, with some ammount of effort, that you can increase the number of
loopback devices available.  Check the loop.c file for anything that
obviously needs to be changed from "8" to "50"...

 Problem with Closed Source Software #101: "We have found 46 ways to
 remotely crash NT by sending authentication packets."