[NCLUG] redhat 7.2 rpm install order

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Wed Feb 13 17:39:23 MST 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 08:33:41PM -0800, Joshua SS Miller wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a list
>of rpms installed on a server install of RH7.2 and what
>order they are installed on.  I have looked on the install

In addition to the lists already mentioned, there's also install
information written to /root/anaconda-ks.cfg, after the line which reads
"%packages".  Many of these are grouping (i.e. "@Printing Support"), the
rest are individual packages (e.g. the RPM file base-names themselves).

The packages used by the groupings can be located in the RedHat/base/comps
file on the first CD.

 "When you first started at Pacific Tech you were well on your way to becoming
 another Einstein and then you know what happened?"  "I got a haircut?"