[NCLUG] Mouse config

Eric Brunson brunson at level3.net
Thu Feb 14 10:13:34 MST 2002

With RH 7.2 my Intellimouse wheel started working out of the box,
which is cool.  I was always unwilling to go through the gyrations
required to make it work in pre 4.0 releases of XFree86.

So, I've got the mouse set up almost perfectly.  The wheel works
(configured in XF86Config), I swapped buttons 2 and 3 so paste isn't
on the wheel (xmodmap -e 'pointer = 1 3 2 4 5') and enabled 3 button
emulation so I can chord for button 3 if I want to (rarely).

Now I want to completely disable the *actual* middle mouse button, I'm
constantly pressing it while wheeling and it annoys me.  I've looked
through the XF86Config man page and the mouse(4) man page, xmodmap and
Google, but haven't found what I need.

Anyone have an idea about where else to look?

Thanks,
e.

 Eric Brunson   brunson at level3.net   page-eric at level3.net
tcA thgirypoC muinelliM latigiD eht detaloiv tsuj evah uoY