[NCLUG] MUA

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Thu Feb 14 14:44:17 MST 2002

Daniel Herrington wrote:
> I've been pretty happy with Xemacs and VM ("xemacs -f vm").  It also
> runs in an xterm over ssh -- "xemacs -nw -f vm".

DIE, EMACS USER!!!  :)

Actually, I'm sort of reminded of that quote -- I think it was JWZ who
said it, "Software evolves until it can read mail."  I understand a lot
of people read their mail through EMacs... They consult with Eliza, they
read news, and they actually do some programming sometimes...

But am I the only one who doesn't want a swiss-army-knife application?
Am I the only one who thinks that Netscape's MUA is pretty good, but I
want to do my browsing with something else, thankyouverymuch?

One more quick question:  Does anyone who used Elm remember the 'Bounce'
command that you could use to do a sort of unconditional forward?  Does
anything else have this feature?  I guess that I miss the ability to
redirect mail, and still have all the attachments stick around and
stuff...

Actually, I want a /real/ bounce.  I want a mail agent that creates a
realistic bounce message, so if I want to get off brain dead automated
mailing lists, I can just make it look like my E-mail address isn't
valid...