[NCLUG] can't boot into linux

bmc brettcrandall at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 17:05:32 MST 2002

Well if it were me and I read that message ( depending on a variety of other
things) I might suspect that the drive is failing or there are bad sectors
on the drive, possibly in sectors that hold critical info. I would try a
diag utility that you can download and use on a floppy before diving into
deep technical troubleshooting because if the drive has failed, no amount of
troubleshooting will help. I would look to see if the drive is on of the
major brands ( Maxtor Seagate etc) and check out the respective website for
a downloadable diag disk.