[NCLUG] MUA

Eric Dahlman dahlman at cs.colostate.edu
Mon Feb 18 12:55:46 MST 2002

Howdy,

I was catching up on this thread and noticed that nobody had mentioned
Ximian's Evolution.  I installed that on my box for my wife to do IMAP
against her lamar account so she would not keep rebooting my box to the
dark side when she wanted to read mail.  (Honestly, she would telnet
in most of the time.  That is really a good potential spouse filter,
"Can she access her email with only a terminal?")  The real problem is
where the messages were archived.

The point being that I really liked it.  Much better than netscape I
was actually able to use myself it for about a month before I needed
to go back to gnus for my email.  Sure it ain't pretty but all that
raw power... Bwahawahawaha!!!  If you have the time and inclination
gnus is still the best MUA out there, nothing gives you control over
your mail like gnus does.  But then again you gotta use all that
nasty emacs stuff ;-)

-Eric