[NCLUG] mmmmmmm...spam control

bmc brettcrandall at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:40:51 MST 2002

LOL
I agree. I would never allow that. But, we are no longer in an age where we
have "criers" on the street corner.
And like it or not the internet, the web, etc and all of it components are
covered under freedom of speech. And are effectively the 21st century
version of "standing on the street" and sharing your views.
I'm not a proponent of Spam in any way shape or form but I am a proponent of
the ideals that this country was founded on, and Spam, whether good bad or
otherwise is a form of free speech. And if the Gov't were ever to try and
take it away I would fight it tooth and nail. The reason being, if you let
the Gov't take away parts of your freedoms, they will over time take more.
Just my $0.02