[NCLUG] A question about a web server and broadband.

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Wed Feb 20 08:46:29 MST 2002

On 20 Feb 2002, Daniel Miles wrote:

> Naw, I've got dynamic IP from ATT and it's never changed in a two years,
> go for it.

If you're going to do this and you have a domain, you can set the
expiration on that specific name (cablemodem.example.com) to something
real short, as compared to the rest of the domain.

So, for instance, sigkill.com expires every... 5 days, I think, but
bt.sigkill.com, my cable modem connection, expires every 5 minutes.

Later,
Paul