[NCLUG] A question about a web server and broadband.

bmc brettcrandall at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 01:16:01 MST 2002

OK this was a simple questrion not a plan of action , some big evil plot to
cheat the rest of the world out of millions of dollars by running a UT
server for thousands of gamers workwide. It was question and thats it
really. I don't even have any plans to do it and if I do I am well aware of
the rules. I swear, everything seems to get blown out of proportion. Does
anybody even remember the question that sprked this war?
The question ( with miss spelled words I might add :)

My question is can I run a server on another port? I have a router that will
forward ports to a specific machine *and I really only wnat to do this as a
test.* I'm not asking for all the specifics of setting up a server on a
different port but I'd just like to know if it can be done when in a
situation like this.