[NCLUG] A question about a web server and broadband.

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Thu Feb 21 02:40:04 MST 2002

	OK this was a simple questrion not a plan of action , some big evil plot to
	cheat the rest of the world out of millions of dollars by running a UT
	server for thousands of gamers workwide. It was question and thats it
	really. I don't even have any plans to do it and if I do I am well aware of
	the rules. I swear, everything seems to get blown out of proportion. Does
	anybody even remember the question that sprked this war?
	The question ( with miss spelled words I might add :)

	My question is can I run a server on another port? I have a router that will
	forward ports to a specific machine *and I really only wnat to do this as a
	test.* I'm not asking for all the specifics of setting up a server on a
	different port but I'd just like to know if it can be done when in a
	situation like this.

That question was answered in the first two replys .... the rest has been
off topic for a Linux users Group - maybe the area needs a Northern Colorado
AT&T Users Group list?

John