[NCLUG] Re: Backspace

Rich Young rich at republicoftech.com
Fri Feb 22 17:07:10 MST 2002

> It looks like your keyboard sends a 'delete' keypress when you hit
> backspace.  What do you get when you do  Ctl-V Delete ?

If my understanding of these things is correct, it sends keycode 14 when I
hit backspace.  This is then interpreted as a delete, rather than a
backspace, by some interpreting software in the operating system.  The fact
that showkey indicates a difference between the keys is to me a convincing
argument that it's software, and thus changeable.

John's email looks promising, in that he mentions a few things I haven't
stumbled across on my own yet.  Perhaps it's in there somewhere -- I'll let
y'all know when I find it.
--Rich