[NCLUG] more firewall stuff, was smoothwall

rosing at peakfive.com rosing at peakfive.com
Tue Feb 26 14:30:15 MST 2002

I'm still trying to figure out how to temporarily poke holes in my
firewall.  Smoothwall won't let me specify ranges of ports, and it
doesn't seem to work anyway, so I'd like to just do it with ipchains.
If I have a firewall that does masquerading how do I let certain ports
through to a specific machine behind the firewall?  I'm under the
impression I have to ACCEPT the packets in the input chain and then do
something else in the forward chain like masq and send it to the right
machine.  Am I right? If so how do I do it?  If wrong, what do I do?

Thanks

Matt