[NCLUG] surgery

William Dan Terry william.terry at knotworks.com
Wed Feb 27 16:48:22 MST 2002

At the suggestion (about a year ago) of someone from HP (have forgotten who now) I finally picked up a Matrox card (G400 32MB Dual-Head 4X AGP) to use in my HP Visualize X550 - the reason being that Linux support for Matrox was better than for the HP video card. However, I realize that I've never switched hardware (beyond SCSI devices) on a running system (yes, I'll turn it off - I mean I've never mucked with hw except memory or when doing a full os install). I've got RedHat 7.1. Besides XF86Config and XF86Config-4 (Xconfigurator), is there anything else I should be aware of? I'm assuming that kudzu will take care of the rest. Am I tripping?

Peace, William