[NCLUG] Re: [NCLUG] Re: Fwd: Re: possible Qwest protest action in Colorado

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Thu Jan 3 08:39:51 MST 2002

Thus spake Charles Clarke:

> I just assumed Bill was doing some private teasing that I didn't
> understand because his posts in the past haven't shown such a
> rude attitude(especially to a non-NCLUGer).  Did I mis-assume?
> (though I'm not sure Stallman is anti-programmer, just against people
> creating programs and SELLING them to the masses. :-)

 It's all the heavy evangelizing that happens from within the community,
sometimes to the point of McCarthyism. Gives me a bad taste too. RMS seems
to strongly advocate, which has the same effect as dictating, a black and
white ruleset which is enforced in shades of grey. And then berates anyone
who isn't living and dying by the GPL.

 free = good

 money = good (burritos require it)

 world != perfect

--
   Mike Loseke    | I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for
 mike at verinet.com | everyone, but they've always worked for me.