[NCLUG] unsubscribing broken addresses

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Thu Jan 3 10:30:59 MST 2002

Mike Loseke wrote:

> Thus spake Michael Dwyer:
> >
> > I just got a brand-spankin'-new phone line out my a house.  I didn't
> > want any long distance on it, and I didn't want it listed.  I still
> > haven't seen what I have to pay to get no long distance, but I know I
> > didn't think PAYING to become non-listed was reasonable...
> >
> > So, of course, the FIRST phone call I received on my brand new phone
> > line was the Denver Post trying to sell me a subscription:  "Uh, hello
> > mister Dye-were.  I see you've just moved in and wanted to welcom- "
> > *click*
> >
> > I think I ought to keep a modem hooked up to it, just in case. :)
>
>  I always wanted a button on my phone that says "terminate end user". :-)

I've ALWAYS wanted a button like that!  One for every media outlet in my
house!  I've always called it the &$%#-Off button.  I imagine that
pressing it would administer an electrical shock to whoever was
responsible for the annoyance...

 o Radio
   "Coming up next, nine minutes of solid music on Chann- BZZZT!
*Fwoof*"
   "Hiii... Ahm Tohm Shane, frum the Shane Comp- BZZZT! Augh!"

 o TV
   "Do you wanna make more money? Sure we- BZZZT! *screech* *crash*"
   "Its time for Sounds of the Seve- BZZZT! *whoa*"
   "...but if you call now, we'll double you- BZZZT!  Aaaah! I'm
melting!"

 o Mail
   "You've been pre-approv- BZZZT! *poof*"
   "Get Ten CDs for only one c- BZZZT! *wap*"

 o Phone
   "Hello! Your help is needed to resolve a- BZZZT! *zap*  (What the
hell are these, anyway?)
   "I couldn't help noticing that you'd recently changed long dista-
BZZZT! *whammo*

 o Internet
   "Punch the monkey- BZZZT!  *eek*
   "Just think what you could do with an X10 came- BZZZZZZZZZT!  BZZZT!
zzt.  fizzzle.