[NCLUG] unsubscribing broken addresses

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Thu Jan 3 10:35:33 MST 2002

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 10:30:59AM -0700, Michael Dwyer wrote:
> >  I always wanted a button on my phone that says "terminate end user". :-)
>
> I've ALWAYS wanted a button like that!  One for every media outlet in my
> house!  I've always called it the &$%#-Off button.  I imagine that
> pressing it would administer an electrical shock to whoever was
> responsible for the annoyance...

Junkbusters (http://www.junkbusters.org/) has links to the Direct Mail
Marketing Association's opt-out list. That site also has scripts you
can use for getting off telephone solicication lists. It took a couple
of years, but saying "Please put me on your Do Not Call List" to
every telemarketer has resulted in us getting maybe one call a month.
The peace is delicious.

Junkbusters also has some popup and banner ad filter scripts.

Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com