[NCLUG] Linux on Sun Hardware

CAIRNS,CHUCK (HP-FtCollins,ex1) chuck_cairns at hp.com
Wed Jan 23 16:50:53 MST 2002

Hi,
There are some solutions around for these issues.
I know that our power engrs did tune/spec the power-on
surge characteristics of the power supplies for our rack mount
compute farm boxes.  Also, some of the "power strips" which get
renamed "PDU's" (and cost more :-)) when you get into this
arena, have turn-on delays built into them so that
everything doesn't just come on at once. Sequenced power up.

Cheers,
CC