[NCLUG] KRUD (2002-01-01) and MegaRAID Problems

Ray Frush frush at ftc.agilent.com
Mon Jan 28 14:02:47 MST 2002

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> According to:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/ref-guide/s1-modules-scsi.html
>
> it should use the megaraid module and be supported and not need any
> other parameters. ;(
>
> You could try booting the 7.2 with 'linux expert' and epecifically
> make it load the megaraid module.

I'm going to have to ask you how exactly what you mean.
When I type "linux expert", I get prompted for "Do you have a Driver
Disk",  I do, but it's the one I got from HP, and I have tried loading
it.  I never seem to get a prompt for a way to force the loading of a
particular driver.  If you could point me in the right direction, I'd
appreciate it.

> You can also go to the vty on alt-f4 and alt-f5 and see if it has any
> error messages.

So far, no obvious errors, but the messages on alt-f4 (of alt-f3/f4
available) scroll by pretty fast, and there is no apparent way to scroll
back.

> Finally, you can try the updated boot image at:
> https://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHBA-2002-016.html
>

> it doesn't mention the megaraid as being fixed, but it might be...
> that will of course be in the next KRUD version if you want to wait.

I'll look into the boot image.

Thanks for your help.

--
Ray Frush               "Either you are part of the solution
T:970.288.6223               or part of the precipitate."