[NCLUG] Thanks for the help...

bmc brettcrandall at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 12:58:20 MST 2002

Hello all,
A couple of days ago I posted a question on how I can mount an Image file so
it could be seen as if it were a file system and I got several answers back.
I wanted to thank all of you for sharing your insight.
I would also like to share with you what the actual problem was. The .iso
image I created was corrupt or improperly burned or something. It just plain
wasn't going to work so I used Xcdroast to create an .img file with my USB
cd writer and when I used the standard command mount -t iso9660 etc etc it
WORKED!! Whoo Hoo!. I also used Brian's method of  losetup /dev/loop and it
worked as well though it was a bit longer. It was because this method did
not work the first time that I started looking in to other possibilites.
Thanks to all who responded.

I am new to this Lug and I think I'll stick around for a while and learn
some more. I've been toying around with linux in my spare time since Red Hat
release 5.2 ( not terribly long) and I'd like to get more serious about it.
And that's exactly what I intend to do.

Thanks again.
Brett