[NCLUG] New 80GB maxtor won't fdisk...

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Tue Jul 16 19:40:57 MDT 2002

	Ok, I moved the drive from hdc to hdb, and it
	fdisk/setup fine. I next went to install grub stage1
	on the mbr of '(hd1)' using grub-install, but must
	have messed something up, because now neither drive
	will boot!! help!

	What do I do now?

This is where your "floppy boot disk" is your ace ... if you don't have
one the options are to create one on another ide rooted system, or use
a bootable CD distribution disk and either use rescue mode, or the shell
from the F2 or F3 session on a RedHat install CD. Then chroot to the
mounted hard drive and fix things up.

John