[NCLUG] lOOKING FOR AGENT OF BATHTUB SALING

Chris Wolney chris at wolney.com
Thu Jul 18 16:58:45 MDT 2002

J. Paul Reed wrote:

> It's interesting that it didn't get tagged though... I wonder if
spammers
> are now monitoring spam assassin development. :-)

Some spamhauses and SPAM software developers must be, since I can see
they try to get around the filters.  I get e-mail with "invisible
space", comment tags used to break up HTML mail, and other feeble
attempts to get by basic filtering scripts.

Spam Assassin has so many rules and types of scoring, I haven't seen
one slip by yet on my box.  Looks like the "bathtub guy" just didn't
do a bunch of cliche SPAMmer stuff.  Although the mail sender is
blackholed to the point that Hawking would take notice.

-C