[NCLUG] internet access options

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Fri Jul 19 09:28:03 MDT 2002

Thus spake Idris S Hamid:

> Dear gang,
>
> I'm considering moving outside of town to the mountains where broadband is
> probably unavailable. Are there any internet solutions for the home computer
> other than a 56K modem that I can consider? Is wireless service available for
> the home PC yet? What r my options? I dread going back to the 56K modem;->

 As has been stated, CWX (www.cwx.net) can hit some places up in the hills,
around the resevoir I know there are some guys using it but getting it
further up the canyons would be prohibitive -- too many repeaters for too
few customers. Satellite would work but latency would be high. Also, do
not even try to hold on to the hope that you can even get 56K up there.
You might be lucky to get 33.6.

--
                  | So, the Dalai Lama says to me, he says,
   Mike Loseke    | "On your deathbed, you will achieve total consciousness."
 mike at verinet.com | So, I got that going for me.