[NCLUG] RE: [Python-Dev] Judy for replacing internal dictionaries?

marciot marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Tue Jul 30 18:49:01 MDT 2002

>===== Original Message From nclug at nclug.org =====

>If a Python wrapper for the Judy library
>were available, though (it should be easy to make Judy arrays appear to be
>first-class Python objects -- Python excels at wrapping external C
>libraries), I'm sure many Python applications would find excellent use for
>it.

FYI:

I'm just about finished putting together a wrapper for Judy using SWIG.
But this is meant only as an interim solution since SWIG wrappers tend
to be pretty limited, inefficient, kludgy, and difficult to use since
they don't appear as first class objects in the target language.

The advantage of SWIG, or course, is that you can have it make automagic
wrappers for python, ruby, perl, guile, java and god knows what else SWIG
supports now a days :)

Anyway, the SWIG wrappers should be done soon if anyone wants it.

Marcio Luis Teixeira