[NCLUG] qmail on RH 7.3

Stephen G. Smith ss2chef at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 20:36:37 MDT 2002

I started to use qmail as a smarthost and am having some problems.

In a nutshell, I need to know the best practice for configuring qmail to use
as many resources as possible, sending email as fast as possible.

I am using it as a smarthost for 3 other servers with several thousand users
and the queue can
reach 30,000 to 50,000 messages and its just not fast enough.

Google has some posting with a few ideas but noone seems to agree.

Hardware is P4, GIG of RAM, FastEthernet running Redhat 7.3

I used the "life with qmail" install..

Any thoughts?