[NCLUG] Meeting Minutes, 2002-07-30

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Tue Jul 30 23:15:22 MDT 2002

=================
Sean Reifschneider:

Filing a Debian bug on the mini-CD web-page.  Catching up with LUG e-mail.
Updating the Hacking Society web-page.  Answering e-mail about why
SkunkWeb didn't work for me.  Working on my mail sending code, finishing
up some SMTP sender code.  Didn't get my key signed.

=================
Matt Taggart:

Signed some GPG keys.  Worked on trying to figure out how to spin down the
drive on his laptop, read his e-mail, fixed some problems on his
web-server.

=================
Evelyn Mitchell:

I worked on my 'how to ask a good question' presentation, played some neato
tunes, volunteered to go to San Francisco instead of Matt, and discussed
how
to set up Dvorak within vi.

=================
Keith Cereal:

Wrote a letter to Carly Fiorina about HPaq using the DMCA to beat up some
folks who released a security announcement about True64.

=================
Scott Kleihege:

I caught up on email (as always), followed your xmodmap advice, tried to
figure out how to change Caps_Lock in BSD console - not successful yet,
worked on my perl code: changed SQL queries and made dynamic JavaScript.

=================
Gabriel Somlo:

tinkered with mutt and imap, read up on ipsec and vpns.

=================
Dan Frasier:

worked on setting up ip port forwarding for an irc server,
& getting rsync to build w/ uclibc

=================
Matthew Wilcox:

Audited file locking code to attempt to replace big kernel lock with a
spin-lock.

Aaron Dale:

Did some IRC idling, played with the i-Opener, read slashdot, got some GPG
keys signed.  Failed to make SSH work.

Marcio Teixeira:

Marcio left early and spent an hour lying on the driveway gazing at
stars with his cat.