[NCLUG] RE: Judy SWIG Wrappers Available

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed Jul 31 23:40:12 MDT 2002

[Tim]
> If a Python wrapper for the Judy library were available,
> I'm sure many Python applications would find excellent use for
> it.

[Marcio Luis Teixeira]
> Let's put your theory to the test :)
>
> I've finished put together a set of wrappers for Judy using SWIG.
> The current download supports Python right out-of-the-box (even if you
> don't have SWIG installed), but by changing the Makefile and re-running
> SWIG you should be able to generate wrappers for ruby, perl, java,
> scheme, guile, etc.
>
> The download includes source, some docs, the SWIG interface files and a
> demo program called "JudySort.py" (gosh, I wonder where I got that idea).
> You'll find details and download instructions here:
>
>    http://mltcvg.sourceforge.net

Cool!  If you can, it would really help to post an announcement to:

The text above would be fine, if augmented by pointers to why Judy is such a
cool thing.  Emphasizing that it can do blazing fast and memory-efficient
ordered mappings and sparse bitsets would attract two specific underserved
audiences.

You can also post to c.l.py.a via a mailing-list gateway: