[NCLUG] make problem

Idris S Hamid ishamid at attbi.com
Sat Jun 1 11:58:14 MDT 2002

Jake,
Thnx for the response. I understand things better, but read on...

> It is looking for a libXext.so or libXext.a and can't find it ... on my
> Redhat 7.2 box it is in /usr/X11R6/lib ... if you do a search for 'libXext'
> on google (or rpmfind) you should be able to track it down ...

Well, in my /usr/X11R6/lib I found

libXext.so.6

and

libext.so.6.4

So any idea why make is not finding these? I even added the path
/usr/X11R6/lib to my etc/profile.local but to no avail.

Thnx for your help! At least I know what make is actually looking for so I've
learned something important.

Best wishes
Idris

--