Reply-To Preservation Considered Harmful (was: Re: [NCLUG] users only)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jun 3 16:57:58 MDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 04:20:30PM -0600, Eric Brunson wrote:
>    * Your subscribers don't want you to do it. Or, at least the ones who
>      have bothered to read the docs for their mailer don't want you
>      to do it.

Yeah, that's bogus...  I *HAVE* read the docs for mutt.

And this whole "least munged" idea is pretty funny.  The line starts behind
me for throttling the person who takes away the Subject: munging.

>Now I will go edit my headers so that the reply goes only to the list
>and Jafo doesn't get two replies of every follow-up to this.

I know some people like the removal of duplicate copies, and some people
HATE that mailman doesn't do that for you...  I don't mind it though -- my
list traffic goes off to their own mailboxes, but replies to messages go to
my main box which shows when somone has directly replied to one of my
messages right away, instead of waiting for me to check my list traffic
(which usually happens only daily).

 An infallible method of conciliating a tiger is to allow oneself to be
 devoured.  -- Konrad Adenauer